31.1.08

#3


meditation1; meditation2
________________________________________________


3rd meditation: wild lament

readings

He was in the wilderness for forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts….
MARK 1:13a

Do not deliver the soul of your dove to the wild animals; do not forget the life of your poor forever.
PSALM 74:19

moment of thought

The wilderness can be a place of lament, where we are allowed to cry out and question God.

For our third meditation let us spend some time now praying for ourselves and others who have been or may now be, in the wilderness. It can be a lonely place, a place where we might feel abandoned to the wild animals.

This is a space to pray for your own need or for others in their need.

Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters,
and the flood sweeps over me.
I am weary with my crying;
my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God.

PSALM 69: 1-3

prayer

how long must we wait?
where have You gone?
why is this happening?
are You still the God of all?

are You with me while I wait?
have You not disappeared at all?
do You know why?
are You still the God of me?

let me wait with You
let me go where You are
let me seek alongside You
God.

No comments: