29.4.07

godly conversations

on the way to the fulcrum conference on Friday I had the pleasure of meeting Calvin. Calvin sells the Big Issue on Upper Street - the road on which St Mary's Church, Islington is situated, and where the conference was being held.

Calvin has one grey/blue eye and one brown eye, he says people think he looks like Anthony Hopkins (a bit younger though) He asks where I'm going and I tell him. Calvin isn't 'religious' he tells me. For Calvin 'that big church down the road' isn't for him - 'the world is my Church' he says, I say 'Amen', or words to that effect.

the 'big church' down the road was filled with singing and joy, quiet contemplation, prayer and a mission heart. People who love God and love people.

godly talk comes in many shapes and forms.

No comments: