11.3.09

tonsilitis, time management and the devil

so once again i find myself laid low by illness - tonsilitis again - and dosed up with good old penicillin. i find myself feeling slightly frustrated that, atm, i can't seem to get up quite enough 'stock' of energy, vitamins and 'wellness' in general, to fight off any little bug that comes along. throw this together with the fact that i have been a little bit too busy the last couple of months and i guess i'm a little frustrated with my lack of organisation and protection of my own wholeness. i'm normally quite good at this, what's gone wrong?

normally when things get out of kilter for me it's a sign that i'm a bit stressed in a particular area and it stops me from making wise choices in other areas - such as busyness etc. i reckon that the stress with my husband's health, making huge life decisions, having some huge life decisions made for me and some other stuff which i can't mention here, probably all feeds into that and at christmas it kinda came to a crashing head in the form of the vomiting virus that got a lot of people at that time of year. what it has meant for me is that my immune system got a knock on the head and just hasn't had any space to recover since.

my friend asked me whether i thought it was spiritual attack, and then laughed and said 'i'm not really sure what i mean by that', i laughed too and said i'm not really sure what i mean by that either - i think that i think :-) that spiritual attack is mainly about being tempted not to walk the way of the cross (like jesus in the desert), i'm not sure tonsilitis qualifies, prolonged debilitating illness probably qualifies, not that the illness itself is necessarily 'from the devil', but that in amongst the illness there might be an 'unfriendly voice' which tempts us to behaviour or perspectives that are about us choosing a different way to the Way. not that you can't be fed up, or angry, or even sulk for a bit. i dunno - i don't know a lot, except that i don't think tonsilitis counts :-)

so, my choices are that my diary is going to be fairly empty next week and i intend to keep it that way, except for fun stuff like coffee and cake (but - and don't look at me like that - that will have to wait til after this weekend when i'm doing this we did it last year too, and it was fab..........)

5 comments:

Tim Goodbody said...

Say hi from me to Duncan Dyason if he turns up!

Jody Stowell said...

hey, i vaguely remember you saying before that you know dunc - yes he'll be there with bells on, he makes the best cardboard house, with window box and everthing, the show off!

and my hubby says that it's okay if i go home and sleep for a couple of hours, so no cold floor for me - slightly worried i might end up with something really nasty if i do.......

Anonymous said...

Get better soon.

Jody Stowell said...

thanks mike :-)

Jolynn Raymond said...

Goodd share